Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hugs Heal Story 1- Shared by a friend of Hugs Heal

I recently found out that some women I work with were spreading rumors around that I was not a very nice person. This hurt me more than anyone can imagine. I felt alone, isolated and felt unloved and that no one needed me. I felt that I had made no difference in anyones life and that no one really cared if I lived or died. I was walking to get something to eat and ran into a cleaning lady that worked in the building. Sometimes, sadly enough, people ignored her because she is a cleaning lady. She and I got along great!! I always spoke and smiled at her and we liked each other a lot. Anyway, when I ran into her, she ran up to me and gave me a great big hug and told me that only 2 people in the whole building ever spoke to her and that I was one of them. She had tears in her eyes. That hug lifted so much weight off of my shoulders and gave me a new spark of energy. Also, it let me know that I DO make a difference, I just don't always see the difference I make. Little things can make a big difference in other peoples lives...so we should always treat everyone with the respect that all human beings deserve.

-Shared by Melanie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought this was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. Such a little thing like a hug can do so much. Ty Hugs to you