Sunday, December 16, 2007

How I Came Up With “Hugs Heal”

I've had some people asking me how exactly I came up with Hugs Heal and why I choose to do this, so here's the deal.

I've always enjoyed hugs and thought that they were a very important part of anyone's life, but that thought was always kind of abstract; I didn't have anything specific to attribute it to. But not long ago I was reading an article on abc.com about a study that was done showing that hugs can actually reduce the risk of heart disease. I remember thinking “Wow, hugs really do heal.” I thought that was so incredible and a such very important find. It made me think of all the times in my life that a hug has made me feel better and all times I've hugged friends and family members when I thought they needed it. I realized that hugs have a far more profound effect on our lives than most people really appreciate. So, I came up with the "Hugs Heal" idea.

So far it's just a myspace and a blog, but people have been responding so wonderfully to my message that who knows where it will go. I've been getting all sorts of ideas about making this into a real organization, but it's a bit early to consider that too seriously. For now, I just want to get my message across and touch as many lives as possible in the process.

No comments: