Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Best, Worst, Most Important Moments

Have you ever noticed that most of best, worst, most important moments of your life include a hug?

I was 17 years old and the date was March 31, 2005; the day my dad died suddenly of a heart attack. An odd start to a "best hug" story, huh?

There are a lot of things about that day that I don't remember. But I do remember the moment when I finally broke down, the initial shock suddenly wore off and I started to cry, wail, and ultimately collaspe on my living room floor. And I remember my best friend, Sarah, hugging me. She threw her arms around me and when my knees hit the floor, she went down with me. She never let go.

It was certainly not a happy moment; in fact, it was the saddest moment of my life, but it was and still is the best, most important hug I can ever remember recieving.

Tell me about your best, most important hug memory.

No comments: